W.O.R.K. Class #21 graduates!

Arkansas Northeastern College’s Workforce Orientation and Retraining Keys has completed its 21st Class. As the coordinator of the W.O.R.K. Program I have seen many changes throughout each class but this particular class has been unique. There was a diverse group of participants including trained individuals as well as individuals with little to no work experience.



We began with 20 enrollees in this section which resulted in 12 graduates from the program. The participants were focused and attentive to all aspects of the program. It is important to have an inclusive class willing to ask questions and learn more about what is needed to become successful in not only the workforce but also in life. The program is fortunate to have representatives from the industrial sector available to teach and even hold mock interviews with the participants. This allows for the Human Resource Manager’s assessment of each student and provides individual feedback for improvement.
 
Joe Crews, Human Resource Manager, at IPSCO was highly impressed with the level of preparation that these individuals gained from the Mock interviews. This simulation gives students a real life assessment from an outside source.  Additionally, it provides WORK Program staff the opportunity to tailor the program specifically toward industry needs. Over the course of its existence, the program has added teamwork skills as well as communication skills into its curriculum. With the interaction provided through the WORK Program, most of the students develop new friendships and establish a network of individuals which stand as a source of support and encouragement for future success.
 
Following are excerpts from completers of the WORK Program:

THANKS AGAIN for the WORK Program. It was what I needed. I am empowered immensely. Because of this I have new perspectives and challenges in all areas of my life going forward. It is a great re-launch for ascending continually.
-Eddie
Working with Doug Echols, Courtney Copper and crew have helped me a great deal with my mission to be great. I'm not quite sure you realize the effect that this program has had on those who have TAKEN the opportunity to attend, specifically, me. I capitalized the word “taken” for the reason of stating that I know, first hand, the positive impact that the program has had on both me and my fellow classmates. I completed the course with 12 other motivated adults from different backgrounds with different stories but all had the same goal, self-improvement. The fact that I was able to enhance my skill set from various instructors teaching us financial awareness, to even boning up on my typing, I can truly say that I am better having taken the class. It showed me that no matter your circumstance, condition or age, self-improvement and positive change doesn't have to stop.
                                                                                                            -Marc

This program is making a huge impact on people from all walks of life, and we are focused on making more life changing stories with people from this community

Comments